Sunday 24 February 2013

Sad Return To The Gym

Went back to the gym today, first time I have been since September (or as I was told 124 days). I need to see what I can do workout wise, that isn't going to do too much damage to my knee and also to see the staff. As you might know from reading here, Fitness First is closing the gym down on the 4th of March and I'm pretty gutted about it but there's nothing that can be done. I wanted to see some of the staff as over the years you get to know some of them and it would be a shame not to say goodbye, even though some are going to the new gym that I'm going to. It is such a shame they couldn't save the place as I have a lot of good memories there, I did feel a slight sadness when I looked around

I got to the gym and it was really quiet, more quiet than usual on a Sunday, but some of the equipment has already gone, the heating isn't working and some of the machines are out of use. I tired to go on the cross trainer but it soon started hurting my knee, so I tried some other things and each brought a different ache to my knee which pissed me off. I can't use much and even using some of the machines say for chest or shoulders, you brace yourself using your knees and that is when I can feel it. It isn't going to stop me, I need to go this week even if I end up cycling all the time at least I'm doing something. I just hope they get my knee sorted next month!

5

No comments: