Friday 19 October 2007

Foot Injury

For several months now, I've been walking around with a foot injury, which I put down with the long hours at work where I am constantly on my feet and to the footwear I wear at work. I finally went to see my doctor who told me I had to see a physiotherapist as he couldn't do anything. I went to see the guy last night and it seems I have got a condition called Plantar Fascitis which is the tendon the heel of the foot is inflamed and sore. He said it is due to overuse, which means a lot of walking but can be healed (no pun intended). I had shockwave treatment on it which meant 20,000 volts into the heel right on the spot it hurts to stimulate healing and also I have to stretch my foot as also it means the tendon is trying to flatten the arch of my foot. So I have to have treatment on it for the next 2 weeks and hopefully it will work, plus now I know exactly what I am dealing with, I can use Reiki on it. I really hate being ill or carrying any injury, it's just not me.

5

1 comment:

Miss Parker said...

I'm just now getting around to seeing this. So sorry to hear you are experiencing foot pain. I am hoping that by now you are doing much better. Take care and all the best. Miss P